Monday, 23 April 2012

Birthday Trivia: a new series

Image from here

Birthday trivia: a new series in which I impart useless bits of birthday-related information to you. 

(You never know, this series might win you a fortune on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire one day. And then you can quit work and employ me as your personal cake baker extraordinaire, which means that I can quit work too. So pay attention, for both our sakes.)

Today is Monday 23 April. That's Shakespeare's birthday. 

It's also exactly three hundred and ninety six years since he died. 

Question: what time of day did Shakespeare die? 

I don't know the answer to that. He was due to turn 52, but I suppose that depending of the hour of the day that he died, he might not actually have reached the milestone. So could all our history books be wrong? Was he actually 52, or just 51 and 364 and-a-quarter (or something) days?

Question: is there a term that applies if you die on the same day as you were born? And if not, should we make one up? 

Suggestions, please!




1 comment:

  1. I don't know if there is such a word, but I imagine it would be something like diemnatalisetmortisism

    ReplyDelete

Say something sweet! Or, you know, not.