Wednesday, 29 August 2012

A Moment In The Confessional


I'm a naughty little blogger!

It's been four weeks since my last post.

Dear readers, I'm sorry. I can't even make it better by saying I haven't been baking. Because I have.  I HAVE been baking, and I've been eating the evidence and not posting it up here.

So without ado I offer you a ladybird as a peace offering. How does that rhyme go?

Ladybird, ladybird, fly away home
Your house is on fire and your children alone 

That's a bit how I feel for not posting over the past month ... like I should hide my face under my wings in shame.


I think the ladybird turned out very well, though my colours are much darker than the ones in the picture!


It didn't stop us eating this up though - as a change, I made the cake a carrot cake.



Whoever put carrot into a cake for the first time? What would make someone do that?

It's a little bit like zucchini scones. I would never eat zucchini scones.

What kind of cake would *you* never eat?


4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't eat zucchini scones - but zucchini cake is delish.

    For some reason I remembered the ladybird cake with a red shell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paula! The ladybird is orange in the original book, but in the reprint they made it a red one. So your memory is absolutely correct. Although, I am still dubious about zucchini cake .....!

      Delete
  2. This is so cute: I like yours better than the book one. Re zucchini: I never turn down cake, so I'd eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of like pumpkin pie! Weirdos!!
    Great rendition of the ladybird :)

    ReplyDelete

Say something sweet! Or, you know, not.